De Gustibus Cooking School
De Gustibus was founded in 1980 by Arlene Feltman Sailhac and is now owned and run by Salvatore Rizzo, former Director of House Operations and Events at the James Beard Foundation.
The mission of the school is:
“To continue the tradition of serving the culinary community by showcasing the talents of established chefs, rising stars, and sommeliers to food and wine lovers, with the utmost in hospitality.”
The school is located on the 8th floor of Macy’s Herald Square in New York City. De Gustibus is a recreational cooking school where anyone is welcome to enjoy the demonstrations of superior international chefs and wine experts.
A typical experience at De Gustibus will let you:
Meet and Learn from World-Class Chefs
Eat Delicious Food
- Gain access to legendary chefs and rising stars
- Be touched by their insights and personal stories in an intimate and interactive setting
Drink Exquisite Wines
- Observe techniques and follow recipes of cutting-edge chefs as they prepare a divine menu
- Smell and savor their culinary creations served to you
- Discover a delightful array of wines selected by the Kobrand Corporation
- Hear what wine experts are touting as the next best wines from around the world
It is our goal that you are entertained—with friends, or on your own—and that you learn and experience what we consider to be a unique culinary performance at each event.