18 and older
The AWS Fundamentals course is designed for technology enthusiasts who are working in IT (as an administrator, software developer, or manager), or any other interested individual who would like to learn about the core cloud services provided by AWS, such as:
- Information Technology practitioners and leaders who are new to AWS and who will be supporting or implementing AWS in their organizations
- Business and technology leaders responsible for articulating the technical and business benefits of using AWS
- Administrators and developers who are evaluating the use of AWS services
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Reach customers with AWS
- Implement AWS storage and database services
- Optimize compute and network services
- Use AWS management tools and Secure an AWS deployment.
You should have the following prerequisite skills before taking this class:
- Be able to navigate Windows.
- Be able to use a web browser.
- Experience logging on to, navigating, and searching a website.
- Basic end-user skills with personal productivity software such as Microsoft® Office or Google Apps™.
- Familiarity with networking concepts such as server, database, storage, IP subnet, load balancing, authentication, authorization.
- Some experience as an IT practitioner, manager, or leader may be helpful.
NOTE: To perform the course activities, students will need to provide credit card information to create some cloud accounts. Charges, if any, to these cards will be minimal, and where possible the activities suggest alternate strategies in cases where minor charges might be accrued.Course Outline:
Lesson 1: Getting Started with AWS
- Topic A: AWS
- Topic B: Leverage AWS in Your Business Strategy
- Topic C: Work with the AWS Management Console
Lesson 2: Implementing AWS Storage and Database Services
- Topic A: Configure AWS Storage
- Topic B: Deploy Amazon Database Services
Lesson 3: Implementing Compute and Network Services
- Topic A: Implement Elastic Cloud Compute Services
- Topic B: Implement Virtual Networks
Lesson 4: Using AWS Management Tools
- Topic A: Automate AWS Resource Provisioning
- Topic B: Manage AWS Resources
Lesson 5: Securing an AWS Deployment
- Topic A: Enforce AWS Security
- Topic B: Optimize AWS Security
Courseware (if a course has a Courseware) will be shipped to the address provided two weeks before the class starts. Make sure that the additional info field is properly and correctly filled out to avoid Courseware being lost in transit. Please also note that P.O. Box addresses are not allowed.
The classes are instructor-led live training you attend in a local classroom or from your home/office. Our instructors teach from a remote location while being able to interact with students as in a traditional classroom setting.
Instructors can view student progress and take control of their PC to provide direct assistance. Students can see the instructor's presentation as well as voice questions directly to the instructor and participate in class discussions.