This Kubernetes training workshop is a fast-paced engineering overview which sends you back to work ready to begin using Kubernetes in your own environment. Of the limited tools available to manage containers at scale and implement strategies like microservices pragmatically, Kubernetes strikes a delicate balance between powerful capability and ease of use.
We focus on getting you up to speed quickly and attaching your use of the tool to the best practices we’ve seen adopted and proven by top-performing IT teams in the enterprise DevOps community.
Led by an expert, you’ll get a walkthrough of each major feature and capability Kubernetes offers. Learn how to apply them in your own context and get access to a real-world practitioner who will walk you through demos and answer your questions in class. In two fast-paced days, you’ll be up and running with Kubernetes and ready to start making it part of your DevOps toolbox.
Looking to solve a particular issue with Kubernetes, or need learning targeted to your unique team environment? Have a learning advisor contact you or request more information about our onsite services and learn how we can deliver you customized Kubernetes training at a discounted rate.
In this Kubernetes training course, you will learn how to:
Who Should Attend
- Enable the ability to use the same APIs for all your private and public data centers.
- Use Kubernetes as a tool to offer “container-as-a-service” capabilities to their teams.
- Automate many traditional operational tasks such as Load Balancing, High Availability, Resource utilization, etc.
- Empower both operational and development organizations to synchronize service delivery and common application outcomes.
- Use Kubernetes to support multi-tenancy and a multi-data center control place as an alpha feature.
- Leverage the same open-source Kubernetes technology that has been adopted by Walmart, Pokemon Go, eBay, Red Hat's Openshift, and other high profile early adopters.
- Deliver software and IT services as smaller, faster and more adaptive components of your overall architecture.
- Take major steps towards implementing microservices in a pragmatic, real-world fashion.
This Kubernetes training class is for engineering teams, leaders, and technology stakeholders who need to help their organization take the next step in orchestrating and managing containers and the services they support. The workshop is of particular benefit to:
- Application Developers
- Operations Developers
- IT Directors & Managers
- Development Managers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- Teams practicing DevOps
Although it is not mandatory, students who have completed the self-paced Fundamentals of DevOps eLearning course have found it very helpful when completing this course.Course Outline
Part 1: Prerequisites – Kubernetes Foundations
- Linux Kernel Features
- Container User Experience
- New Container Capabilities
- Gaps using Containers in Production
Part 2: Core Concepts of Kubernetes
- Cluster Orchestration
- Looking at K8S Origination at Google
- Open Source
- Design Principles
Part 3: Navigating Kubernetes Architecture
- Replication Controller
- Persistent Volumes
- High Availability
Part 4: Using Kubernetes Features
- Resource Quota
Part 5: Security and Kubernetes
- Attribute-Based Access Control
- Service Accounts
Part 6: Networking and Kubernetes
- Docker Networking
- Kubernetes Networking
- Pod to Pod
- Exposing Services
- IP Per Pod
- Inter Pod Communication
- Intra Pod Communication
Part 7: Cluster Add-ons
- Cluster DNS
- Logging with Elasticsearch and Fluentd
- Container Level Monitoring
Part 8: Practical Kubernetes Examples
- Hello World
- 3 Tier App
- Http/Https Load Balancing
Part 9: Continuous Integration with Kubernetes
- Canary Release
- Blue Green Deployment
- A/B Testing
- Rolling Update
- Jenkins Plugin
Part 10: Roadmap/Beta
- Network Plugins
Part 11: Class conclusion – Implementation, Q and A, Next Steps
- Discussion: What can you apply?
- How can Kubernetes help your situation
- Expert Q and A